11 S. Spring St.
Perryville, MO 63775
Click here to find on Google Maps
Open by appointment only. Please contact the curator.
Admission: Free, but donations are accepted.
Curator: Sara Moore
The house was originally constructed by Henry Burns in 1825 as a two-room stone house with a basement. It is thought to be the oldest remaining residence in the city. A brick, two-room addition to the house was added in 1854. The house also stands on one of the original town lots of Perryville.
The four-room brick and stone house has been restored to two different time periods. The basement kitchen is restored to the 1828-1840 era while the stone room above it is set up as a bedroom. The two brick rooms, a child’s room and a parlor, are decorated in the 1870’s and 1880’s style. This latter time period reflects the time when William P. Faherty acquired the house. Descendants of Mr. Faherty lived in the house for almost 100 years.